Friday, April 16, 2010

Starting Again

Well, when I started the blog, I was sure I'd do it every day...or at least once a week. That was November. Well, I took some time off after the first of the year, then have been a hermit in the basement studio ever since. I'm going to have a crazy busy summer and fall this year, and I'm trying to get a head start, even before my first multi-day show - which is in the middle of May.

I've had financials to do, taxes like everyone due by 4/15, sales taxes, mailing lists, and email lists to update, brochures to create and order, then postcards to create and have printed, address labels printed and adhered, and stamps, stamps, and more stamps! 1300! That's why I'm switching to an email mailing list. Does that make sense? I'll be sending out my usual spring postcard mailing with a few of my confirmed shows listed. However, I'm requesting those who wish to receive email updates of my shows, go to my website, click on the Mailing List link at the left of the Home Page and fill in their email address.

My shows this year (and last year, as well) began in May and went full bore into December. This year will be the same and usually the exhibitor doesn't even receive an acceptance to say, an October show, until July or August. Therefore it's difficult to send a single postcard in the spring with ALL of my shows on it - just can't be done. So that's why an email 'update' each month will become my preferred method of communication.

So whether you've just stumbled on this site/blog, or are a past customer who may not be on my mailing list, go ahead and get signed up! www.chgstudios.com/MailingList.htm

So, getting ready to send out the mailing, and preparing the email for early May. Also, making beads, beads, and more beads! Having a great time in the studio. My husband, Dan, made another large bench for me down there. This one is not 'installed' as in 'attached' to the walls like the first two. These are two rough tables; I call them benches. Made of plywood, routed edges so no splinters, but otherwise very rough. The studio smells like sawdust right now, which is kinda nice. The new tables are 6 foot and 4 foot long and as you can imagine, create a ton more space - which was quickly filled with tools and equipment which had been hiding because of lack of space!

Off to work on the website, in the hopes of being a bit more consistent on the blog, and perhaps not so long winded!

No comments:

Post a Comment